Homemade Bagel Bites

by Katie on August 11, 2010

A few months ago my friend, Tightwad Mom , posted this ingenious idea. I was sold. I went down to Sam’s and loaded up on bagel thins. I had a mini freezer cooking day and whipped some up in no time. It seriously was so easy that your kids could make them up in ten minutes.

All you need is:
Bagel Thins
Pizza Sauce
Topping of choice (I used pepperoni)
Mozzarella Cheese

Just assemble your bagel pizza’s on a cookie sheet. Place the whole cookie sheet in the freezer until bagel pizza’s are frozen. Remove and place in a freezer bag and store in freezer.

To bake:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Place on cookie sheet
Bake until done (mine took about 12 minutes)

This post is linked to Frugal Friday at www.lifeasmom.com

Misty August 11, 2010 at 7:37 am

I love Bagel Bites, so these are a MUST TRY for our family! What a great after school snack too… Thanks so much!

Katie August 11, 2010 at 9:21 am

I am sure the kids would love them…and they would be a great snack to have on hand.

Andrea @ Simple Organized Living August 12, 2010 at 11:31 pm

wow…cleaver. Probably a lot healthier (and cheaper) than store bought bagel bites too!

I think the hubby wants me to give these a try!

Jennifer August 13, 2010 at 7:24 am

We have pizza bagels all the time. I just buy regular bagels for them. Delicious!

Shop Without Money Sisters August 13, 2010 at 9:04 pm

I have been thinking about doing just this all summer (and haven't yet) because my son loves these! We have a bread outlet that sells the mini bagels really cheap. Now I'm definitely inspired! Making them myself has got to be less than than $3.78 for 18 (our Wal-Mart price).

Anonymous August 16, 2010 at 10:51 am

I am going to make this recipe for quick lunches paired with a salad.

Colie's Kitchen August 16, 2010 at 10:45 pm

sounds sooo good!!

Colie's Kitchen August 17, 2010 at 4:45 pm

You have won a Recipe Award from Colie's Kitchen. Congrats! Visit the link below to claim your award!

Tina (Tightwad Mom) July 7, 2011 at 11:09 pm

Thanks for the hook up, Katie! Your the best. I’m glad you liked the bagel bites. My kids have been begging me to whip up some more. It’s their favorite lunch.