Pizza Sauce

by Katie on August 11, 2010

Do you make your own pizza sauce?

I never knew it was so easy to do. I found this great recipe about a year ago and it is just wonderful! I really have a thing for chunky pizza sauce so I loved that this recipe used diced tomatoes. It all goes in the blender, so the great part is…you can make it whatever consistency you like!

A great time saver is to make up several batches of this up at a time and freeze it. While you have the blender out…why not save yourself some time…and dirty dishes in the future!

1 (14.5oz). can diced tomatoes
1 small can tomato paste
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
pinch of crushed red pepper (optional)

Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until desired consistency. The spices can definitely be adjusted to your liking!

Makes enough for two pizzas

Recipe adapted from My Kitchen Cafe

Emily {Frilly Details} August 11, 2010 at 10:32 pm

Mmm, that sounds very tasty! I will have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing! :)

Jessica August 11, 2010 at 10:48 pm

YUM! I might have to try your bagel bite idea! Those look great!

Misty August 13, 2010 at 8:01 am

You read my mind! I was just going to email my friend actually and ask her about making pizza sauce… This recipe looks yummy and cheap! :) Thanks!

Katie August 13, 2010 at 5:40 pm

Misty, it is a lot cheaper. I mean, pizzas sauce isn't exactly expensive, but you will still save. I figure one batch costs me about $.75 and it is enough for 2 pizzas.

LouAnne August 16, 2010 at 9:01 am

Thank you for the the pizza sauce recipe! It looks delicious. We generally have pizza on Friday and I'm going to try it then!!

Anonymous August 16, 2010 at 10:50 am

I think that family pizza night is a great family activity. There is a job for everyone. This is something that the kids will always remember:)

SnoWhite October 13, 2010 at 10:21 pm

I like the look and sound of this dish! Thanks for the sauce recipe.

Misty November 5, 2010 at 7:30 pm

I made this sauce tonight and it was SO easy and SO yummy! I can't believe I have spent so much money on jarred pizza sauce this whole time… there is really nothing to it at all. Thank you SO much! :)