Packing the Pantry

by Katie on September 18, 2010

I was taking the title here seriously this week! I was down in my stockpile recently and I felt this overwhelming feeling that it is slowly dwindling. The problem…there haven’t been many good deals lately so restocking hasn’t been going too well!

I did a good job filling up the shelves this week. Last month I only used a handful of coupons. I thought I was okay with that, but this trip refueled me. I had a lot of fun scoring these deals!

I know it is hard to see everything I got, but trust me…the $37 spent went far.

The highlights…
10 bricks of Kraft cheese ($.17 each)
8 Ziploc baggies ($.25 each)
8 Nestle morsels ($1.17 ?? each)
Barilla pasta ($.50 each)
Juicy Juice ($1 each)
Cereal ($1 each)
Nesquick ($.25 each)

So, how did you packing the pantry go this week?

Jessica September 18, 2010 at 9:38 am

WOW! That is really incredible! You are one good shopper Katie!

Katie September 18, 2010 at 9:59 am

Well, it takes time to practice.

Now that you are back in the states maybe you can start all the couponing stuff :)

Tightwad Mom September 18, 2010 at 1:05 pm

Yeah!! Isn't it gratifying when you get fabulous deals to stock the pantry with? I'm like you I always panic a little bit when I see the stockpile dwindle!

Misty September 18, 2010 at 8:52 pm

WOW!!! That is impressive… I am jealous that all that yummy gooness isn't in my stockpile. :)

Cheryl September 18, 2010 at 10:18 pm

It stinks that you have a choice of grocery stores to shop at…I only have Kroger, which here, only doubles up to .50….then Wal-mart which doesn't double AT ALL!!!

The Kroger in Waverly doubles to.99and I go there if there is a really good sale…but the problem is…their prices are WAY higher than the Krogers closer to Columbus or Cincinnati!!!

I have NEVER scored any of that cheap pasta….well…except some Wacky Mac…ONE time…:(

BUT…YAAAY for you katie…you make me SO jealous!!!

Katie September 19, 2010 at 3:14 pm

Cherie,

Yes, you need a Meijer. I rarely shop at Kroger. They just don't have good deals anymore. Very frustrating since Kroger is 1 miles away.

Maybe you just need to move up here. Or…you could come up here and see me and grocery shop with me every week…or at least every so often :)