Packing the Pantry

by Katie on November 13, 2010

I didn’t plan on getting much this week. I knew that I had to pop into Kroger to grab a package of lasagna noodles and powdered sugar for a cake order. Well, I hit a huge sale on ground beef!!! I only have two pounds in the the freezer and they had it marked down to $1.19.

Since we are having some cow issues (don’t get me started) and our cow man fell through this year I need to stock up. We still plan to get a cow, but when and where…I don’t know. SO FRUSTRATING…

The problem with all of this is that I bought all of this beef on Wednesday and I really didn’t have time to have a freezer cooking day. It was such a good deal that I couldn’t pass it up!

I spent a total of $25 for everything pictured!

What did you stock up on this week?

Kristen November 13, 2010 at 9:10 am

That's awesome! I wish I could hit sales like I used to. I hardly get to do as much "sales" shopping as I used to…my girls hate shopping.

Tightwad Mom November 13, 2010 at 3:09 pm

Holy Cow(I don't mean that,literally:D)! That is a fabulous price for ground beef. I would have stocked up,too. You are the shopping Queen this week!

Shanade November 13, 2010 at 8:56 pm

That's a great price. I was excited last week when our grocery store had a managers special on 93/7 ground beef for 1.49 lb. A deal I just couldn't pass up.

Kim November 14, 2010 at 7:08 pm

I was excited to stock up on chocolate chips this week. $1.88 for tollhouse chips. Oh and I got a great deal on rump roast – bogo so spent $13 for 2 large roasts.

Misty November 17, 2010 at 8:17 am

I have a great friend who picked up some ground beef for me when she saw a great price! Did I say thank you?!? :)

Katie November 22, 2010 at 10:23 am

@Kristen- I am sure it is difficult with your little ones to get time to score the deals!

@Tightwad Mom- Holy Cow?!?!? LOL! Yep a great price, but I couldn't believe the people that looked at it and walked on by…they must not have realized what an awesome price!

@Shanade- That is awesome for 93/7. I would prefer that…but sometimes you take what you can get!

Katie November 22, 2010 at 10:25 am

@Kim- Sounds like you got stocked up on some great deals! Those chocolate chips will come in handy with holiday baking!

@Misty- oh, a great friend, huh? I wonder who she might be. I figure with all of your mouths to feed you need all the good deals you can get! You are very welcome…