It’s Time for Spring Cleaning

by Katie on March 22, 2011

Can you believe it? It’s that time of year again!

Time to bust out the bucket and rags and get to Spring Cleaning!

Are you a faithful spring cleaner or do you just do a little all year?

I usually do a big spring and fall cleaning as well as my everyday cleaning routine.

The thought of deep cleaning the WHOLE house is a little daunting so I usually break it up room by room. Once I get the first room completed I am usually in the cleaning mood. There is nothing better than a clean house, but I sure can think of better things than doing the actual cleaning.

I’ll be sticking with the kitchen theme, but we’ll be going in a little different direction. I will be sharing my spring cleaning list for the kitchen as well as some how-to’s, tips, and ideas.

I am excited to talk about something a little different. But I am no professional cleaner so bear with me as I spring clean my kitchen and blog all about it. I hope it inspires you to get in there and clean everything out…

Bitterroot Mama March 23, 2011 at 9:14 am

For some reason I am going nuts this spring! Maybe it's being cooped up all winter with a little one, but I am on a decluttering warpath. What helps the most is the ability to detach myself emotionally from all the stuff in my house. I look forward to your series!

Kimi March 23, 2011 at 9:27 am

I'm with above…major decluttering going on and cleaning. I have been working this week with just getting rid of obvious clutter (not cabinets or drawers yet!), taking down curtains that are dusty and general cleaning. Once I get that under control I can go back and do major cleaning and hopefully it won't take as long. Does that even make sense?! I look forward to this as well. Today is the office aka catch all room!! Bye bye papers!!

I am also however making up some of your orange chicken for the freezer since chicken is on sale. That is one of our favorites!! One of many I should say.

Desi March 23, 2011 at 10:14 am

Ugh I hate cleaning! I am hoping your tips can help me out majorly!

Misty March 23, 2011 at 4:05 pm

I am excited for this series… I must admit that I dread cleaning and so I look forward to any tips you may have. :) Who knows, I may be inspired to actually SPRING clean and not just "emergency" clean because company's coming. :)

Katie March 23, 2011 at 4:27 pm

@ Bitterroot Mama: You are so right. If everything remains sentimental we will quickly have a cluttered house. I need to get rid of more stuff and think hard before I bring in more!

@ Kimi: I am so glad you all like the orange teriyaki..it is my fave marinade for sure :)

Katie March 23, 2011 at 4:28 pm

@ Desi: If someone LOVES to clean I would worry about them!

@ Misty: Emergency clean…I have fallen in that category more times than I care to mention!!

Tiffanee March 23, 2011 at 11:26 pm

I so need a good spring clean this year. I am so looking forward to you helping me out.

Family Balance Sheet March 27, 2011 at 8:03 am

I have a couple of spring cleaning projects on my to-do list. The major one is our windows. They are disgusting and that is my job this week.

Kristia

Katie March 27, 2011 at 8:11 pm

@ Tiffanee: Don't we all…I can't wait to get all of mine done…such a good feeling!

@FBS: Windows…I feel you…my dog makes my glass doors all nasty.