Chocolate Covered Banana Chips

by Katie on July 28, 2011

Oh. My. Dark Chocolatey. Goodness.

These chocolate covered banana chips are little bites of heaven!

Honestly. Truly. I promise – I would not exaggerate on such a serious matter as this.

I know the combination sounds a little different, but your going to have to trust me. I want to give a giant hug to the genius who came up with the idea. And that’s saying a lot considering I am not a real huggy person :)

We were introduced to these while browsing at the Fresh Market a few years back, and anytime we drive by one we stop and buy a little bit (okay…a lot bit). I wanted to do something a little special for Daniel’s birthday, so I decided to try these out at home. I mean…why continue to pay an arm and a leg when I can do it myself, right?

They are super easy and I’m going to walk you through the steps so you can make you own :)

You are going to need a bag of banana chips and 1 or 2 bags of the chocolate of your choice.

(I only had one bag and it wasn’t enough to do all of the banana chips)

Melt your chocolate in a double broiler. I don’t have a special pan for this – I just put a glass bowl on top of a saucepan and it works great.

Now it’s time to start dipping your banana chips.

I found it easiest to lower them in on a fork and let the extra drip off.

Lay them out on wax paper to harden. When I got all of mine dipped I popped them in the fridge for a little bit to speed up the process.

Enjoy your delicious chocolate covered banana chips!

Miriam July 28, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Oh wow, this does look good! I’ll have to try it!

Daniel July 29, 2011 at 11:26 am

They are so good! They were certainly a surprise that didn’t last long at our house! This is a must-try for everyone. Not much better than chocolate and bananas.

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma July 29, 2011 at 11:49 am

I could consume that whole batch no joke!! This looks like heaven!! What a fun and easy recipe thank you sharing!

Kim July 29, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Looks yummy but a word of caution…I used to love those banana chips until I read the label and found they were made with hydrogenated palm oil – not so good, hopefully your brand is different.

Katie August 1, 2011 at 6:07 pm

Thanks Kim, I just get them out of a big bin at Fresh Market. I will have to check the bin label next time I’m there.

Tiffanee July 31, 2011 at 7:22 pm

What a great flavor combination. I could probably eat the whole batch all by myself.

Deedra August 1, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Have you tried freezing banana and dipping them in chocolate. I cut them in bite size chunks before I freeze them and then dip them in chocolate. We love them! I will definitely have to try the this way too.

Katie August 1, 2011 at 6:06 pm

Deedra, I have always had that on my mental list of things to make, but have never tried it. I’m going to make sure I try it really soon :)

Heather September 15, 2011 at 5:30 pm

I love bananas and chocolate together! I never thought to use banana chips instead of fresh. Great idea!