I’ve always been a huge fan of peppermint bark around Christmas time. The peppermint flavor is just perfect this time of the year (although I’ve never turned down a peppermint treat…no matter the month of the year).
I didn’t think peppermint bark could get much better until I came across this recipe. Just one look at these little pepperminty cups and I knew I had to try them out. And man…I’m so glad I did. They take peppermint bark to a whole new level!
These delectable treats start with a soft dark chocolate peppermint ganache and then they are topped with white chocolate and crushed candy canes. YUM!! Trust me when I say that you will want to make a double batch so that you have plenty to share!
- 10 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 7 tbsp whipping cream
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 10 ounces white chocolate chips
- 6 candy canes, crushed (I use a food processor but you could also use a ziploc bag and a rolling pin)
- Place miniature paper liners on rimmed baking sheet and set aside (you will use approximately 24).
- Heat a small saucepan with 1 inch of water over medium-low heat. Add the dark chocolate chips, whipping cream & peppermint extract to a small heat proof bowl and place over the simmering water. Allow the chocolate to start to melt without stirring. Once the chocolate look melted, remove the bowl from the pan and stir with a rubber spatula until combined. Using a small spoon, fill small paper baking liners half full with the dark chocolate mixture. Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes to set the chocolate.
- Heat the saucepan of water over medium-low heat again and add the white chocolate chips to a heat proof bowl and place over the simmering water. Allow to melt without stirring. Once the chocolate look melted and soft, remove the bowl from the pan and stir with a rubber spatula until smooth. Using a small spoon, top each of the dark chocolate cups with the white chocolate and sprinkle with the crushed candy canes. Allow to set in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
Recipe Credit: Farmgirl Gourmet