Sausage & Spinach Egg Scramble

by Katie on June 12, 2013

Breakfast is a hard meal for me. I’m not very good about eating a hearty (or healthy) breakfast on a regular basis. If there is a choice of a brownie or an egg…I will choose the brownie 9 times out of 10. Sad, I know.

When I did the Whole30, the whole brownie thing was entirely out of the question. Eating nothing at all was not an option either. So I grudgingly ate eggs, until I saw this recipe over at My Blessed Life. I knew I had to try it, because I LOVE spinach and chicken sausage. Paired with a cup of hot tea and a cutie, breakfast finally became a meal that I looked forward to!

And it is true that breakfast really is the most important meal. This meal is well balanced, healthy, and keeps me full for a long time!

Sausage & Spinach Egg Scramble

Sausage & Spinach Egg Scramble

Yield: 1 serving

Ingredients

• 1 Tablespoon butter or olive oil
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion (I use frozen onions to save time)
  • 1 link chicken sausage, sliced
  • 1/2 cup frozen spinach
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • salt, pepper, and garlic powder, to taste

Instructions

1. Heat oil or butter in skillet. Add in onion and chicken sausage and sauté until onions become translucent. Add the spinach in and cook until it is thawed and heated through. Pour in the eggs and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Scramble into the mixture and scramble until cooked to desired doneness.

Recipe From: My Blessed Life

Kate June 12, 2013 at 9:03 pm

This looks like a delicious breakfast. I will have to try it out soon.

Katie June 13, 2013 at 6:35 pm

I hope you enjoy it, Kate!

Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry June 13, 2013 at 11:56 am

I am not crazy over eggs either, but this dish looks yummy enough to change my mind!
Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry recently posted…Magic Monkey BarsMy Profile

Katie June 13, 2013 at 6:36 pm

Hi Nicole! It was yummy enough to change my mind…and that’s saying a lot!

Misty Oldfield June 13, 2013 at 12:37 pm

I am just like you my dear friend, not a big breakfast eater… more of a snacker or grazer until lunch. This looks really good. I might just have to try it out… I love the ham scramble you posted awhile back, so this is probably a good one too.

One question I do have is about the chicken sausage. Is that like those mett links they sell in the grocery or is that in with the frozen breakfast sausage? I have heard of turkey sausage but not really chicken…

Katie June 13, 2013 at 6:34 pm

The chicken sausage is with the metts and stuff, not with the breakfast sausage. It’s really good…you will like it!

Wanda Eichler June 15, 2013 at 7:08 am

Hi Katie,

Sounds good and I will try it. When you mention with a cutie, I was thinking you meant Daniel until I saw the picture. LOL!!

Katie June 15, 2013 at 11:15 am

That’s so funny, Wanda! He is cute, but I meant my cutie clementine…I only eat breakfast with the other cutie on Saturdays!!