How do you feel about Pinterest? I happen to love it because it’s a great way to keep all of the awesome blog posts I see categorized so I can easily find them, and more importantly don’t forget about them!
Are you following me on Pinterest?
My sister happens to be a Pinterest addict as well. Not too long ago she told me about this awesome Salsa Chicken Casserole that she found on Pinterest (from Budget Bytes). It was one of her newest favorite recipes and she was making it weekly because it was SO GOOD.
One day I was looking for something quick to throw together and she told me again to make this recipe. So I did. And it was delicious just as she said. I made a double batch and we had lunches for the whole week. It sure feeds a lot!
If you are looking for a quick, one-dish dinner that is totally tasty…this is for you!
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 can (15 oz.) corn, drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 - 16 oz. jars of salsa
- 1 can (15 oz.) chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 large chicken breasts (2 pounds)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 green onions, diced
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a 9x13 inch baking dish combine the rice, salsa, black beans, corn, chicken broth, chili powder and cumin. Stir the mixture well.
- Trim the chicken breasts and cut into 3 or 4 pieces. If they are really thick you can pound them a little or slice through them to make 2 thinner pieces. Place the chicken pieces on the rice mixture, making sure you push them down into the liquid.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 1 hour. Check the rice to make sure that it is cooked through and isn't crunchy. If it is recover it and bake for 10 more minutes and recheck it. Once cooked through sprinkle with cheese and put it back in the oven to melt the cheese. Top with the sliced green onion.